Motorists who want to convert their foreign car and motorcycle driving licences to Singapore Driving Licence must pass the Basic Theory Test conducted by the Traffic Police.
Singaporeans holding a foreign driving licence must produce documentary proof of six months continuous stay in the country where the foreign driving licence was issued.
It is a requirement for a foreign licence holder to pass the Basic Theory Test before applying for the conversion of driving licence at any of the driving test centre.
For conversion case, if you have been issued a new identification number (from FIN to NRIC) before or after you have booked a test date, you are required to update the changes with the Traffic Police Testing Section and the driving school before the test date. Otherwise you will be disqualified from taking your test.
The Basic Theory Course is conducted for motorists to prepare them for their Basic Theory Test.
- Must be 18 years old (based on date of birth)
- NRIC / Passport
- Employment Pass, Work Permit, Student Pass, Dependent Pass (For foreigner)
- One session of theoretical lesson of 100 minutes.
- English and Mandarin courses are available.
- Theory lessons are held in classrooms at level 4.
- Introduction and respect for Traffic Rules
- Type and Classification of Driving Licence
- Violation of Rules and its consequences
- Traffic Signs and Signals
- Traffic Lights and Hand Signal of Police Officer
- Traffic rules and regulations
- S$74.90 (Inclusive of GST) for 6 months
- S$6.50 (No GST)- Basic Theory Test fee
- S$5.35 (Inclusive of GST)- Basic Theory Trial Test
There will be no refund for cancellation of theory test date.
- SSDC will not allow any postponement, withdrawal, transfer or refund of course.If you are interested to enrol in the above course, please be present in person at SSDC during our operation hours.
For more information about course application, please call us at 6482 6060 or e-mail us at email@example.com
Disclosure of Personal Data
- Upon enrolment, I consent to the disclosure of my personal particulars. Name, NRIC, Passport or other Identification Number, Telephone Numbers, Email Address and any other information relating to myself to the Centre and to Government Authorities, Land Transport Authority, Traffic Police, Insurance Company and its agent issuing insurance coverage for myself and to any other interested or relevant parties.