The SDC serves as an enhancement to the Driver Improvement Points System (DIPS) and is designed to educate motorists on safe driving techniques, correct dangerous driving behaviour and encourage good road habits. Eligible motorists will receive a letter of notification from Traffic Police inviting them to attend the SDC. Motorists who complete the SDC will have four (4) demerit points expunged from the motorists’ driving records.
- He / she must be holding a valid driving licence
- He / she must not be a probationary driver
- He / she must not be liable for suspension of his / her driving licence, or be liable for revocation of probationary driving licence, or under Court disqualification of driving licence.
- NRIC / FIN Card
- Valid Photocard Driving Licence
- Letter of notification from Traffic Police
- Enrol in person at our Centre or
Click here to enrol online for Safe Driving Course
- 3.5 hours of theory lesson (Day 1)
- 50 minutes of practical driving lesson (Day 2)
- 1 instructor to not more than 40 participants per class for theory lesson
- 1 instructor to 1 participant for practical driving lesson
- Theory lessons are held in classrooms at level 4.
- S$121.45 (Inclusive of GST)
DRIVING LICENCE SUSPENSION
- SDC notification letter will be invalid if you become liable for suspension of your driving licence. Do not enrol for the course at the driving centre.
- If you have registered or have completed the course and are found to be liable for suspension of your driving licence due to an offence committed before the date of your SDC course, the SDC course you have attended will become invalid and you will not be eligible for the expunging of four demerit points. There will be no refund of the course fee.
POSTPONEMENT / WITHDRAWAL / CHANGE OF COURSE DATE
The Centre will not accept any postponement, withdrawal or change of course date regardless of any emergencies, medical grounds or any other reason(s) whatsoever.
REFUND OF COURSE FEE
- You are not allowed to enroll for SDC course at different driving centre. You will be disqualified and fee paid will not be refunded.
- All course fee paid are non-refundable and non-transferable, including failure to attend the course or absent from the course due to any emergencies, medical grounds or any other reason(s) whatsoever.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Upon enrolment, I consent to the disclosure of My personal particulars, Name, NRIC, Passport or other identification Number, Telephone numbers, Email Address and any other information relating to Myself, to the Centre and to Government Authorities, Land Transport Authority, Traffic Police, Insurance Company and its agent issuing insurance coverage for Myself and to any other interested or relevant parties.